Movie Theater Pretzel Rods Recipe
My kids and all of their friends clamor for the large, chewy pretzel rods. They are fantastic fresh from the oven.Melissa Shaw, Burnettsville, Indiana
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Coarse salt, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water and baking soda to a boil. Punch dough down; divide into 32 portions. Roll each into a 5-in. log. Add to boiling water, a few at a time, for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Lightly beat egg yolk and cold water; brush over pretzels. Sprinkle with coarse salt if desired. Bake 425° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 32 pretzel rods.
Originally published as Movie Theater Pretzel Rods in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p12
Reviews for Movie Theater Pretzel Rods(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Kids Snacks >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >