Movie Star Cookie Pops Recipe
Amp up the glam factor at your event with these lemony treats. Display them in a vase and hand out wrapped ones as favors.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 26 lollipop sticks
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 5 to 6 tablespoons 2% milk
- Edible glitter and colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and extracts until smooth. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 in. thickness. Using a 3-1/2 in. star shaped cookie cutter, cut out 26 stars. Using a 1 in. star shaped cookie cutter, cut out 26 small stars. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets. Press a lollipop stick into each large star.
- 3. Bake 350° for 9-11 minutes until lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies; immediately attach a small cookie to each large cookie. Decorate as desired with glitter and sugar. Let stand until set. Yield: 26 cookie pops.
1 cookie pop equals 216 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC