Mouthwatering Bread Pudding Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add bread cubes; stir gently to coat. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 187 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Mouthwatering Bread Pudding
"I prepared this dish tonight and it was so good. I used some frosted cinnamon rolls that I made yesterday but they didn't rise and I didn't want to throw them out so I used them in this bread pudding. Oh, my goodness, was it good. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly. I will make this dish again."
"Excellent tasting bread pudding...only change was added raisins and had to bake 35 minutes. Will definitely make again."
"This was a really good healthy recipe. I did add raisins. This will become a regular!"
"Great for diabetics. Not overly sweet. Next time I will add a 1/4 cup of raisins and/or 1/4 cup of dried cranberries just for a variable. Then I will continue to make this using the three flavors at different times. Definitely a keeper."