Mouthwatering Bread Pudding Recipe
“Sugar and spice and everything nice” go into this moist and mouthwatering bread pudding from our Test Kitchen. A traditional homey treat, this one is light, economical, so easy—and a soothing antidote for wintry chills.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add bread cubes; stir gently to coat. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 187 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC