“Sugar and spice and everything nice” go into this moist and mouthwatering bread pudding from our Test Kitchen. A traditional homey treat, this one is light, economical, so easy—and a soothing antidote for wintry chills.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 cups cubed day-old French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add bread cubes; stir gently to coat. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bread Pudding in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p52
Reviews for Mouthwatering Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review