Mouth-Watering Holiday Stuffing Recipe
A package of corn bread stuffing speeds up the prep work for this sausage-filled dish…and the results truly are mouthwatering!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add apple and butter; cook until butter is melted. Cook 3 minutes longer.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, cranberries, sage, rosemary and thyme. Stir in broth. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Cover and bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 12 cups (enough to stuff one 12- to 14-pound turkey).
3/4 cup equals 222 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC