- 2 cups shredded lettuce or lettuce leaves
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 24 raisins
- 1 slice process cheese (Velveeta)
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into four 3-inch pieces and sixteen 1-inch pieces
- 1 red maraschino cherry, quartered
- On four salad plates, place lettuce and a pear half, cut side down. Insert two raisins at narrow end of pear for eyes. Tuck four raisins under pear for feet. For ears, cut small teardrop-shaped pieces from cheese; place just above the eyes. Insert one 3-in. licorice piece into wide end of each pear for a tail. Insert four 1-in. pieces into each face for whiskers. Place a cherry piece under whiskers for nose. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mousy Pear Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p41
Reviews for Mousy Pear Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review