Mousse-Topped Pound Cake Recipe
A smooth creamy filling with a mild cocoa flavor is spread on layers of pound cake, then topped with sliced kiwifruit for a pretty presentation.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced, optional
- 1. In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Spread about 1/2 cup mousse on bottom layer; repeat layers twice. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 263 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC