Mousse-Topped Pound Cake Recipe
A smooth creamy filling with a mild cocoa flavor is spread on layers of pound cake, then topped with sliced kiwifruit for a pretty presentation.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pound cake (10-3/4 ounces), thawed
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced, optional
- 1. In a chilled small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Split cake into three horizontal layers. Spread about 1/2 cup mousse on bottom layer; repeat layers twice. Garnish with kiwi if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 263 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Mousse-Topped Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC