Rich white chocolate and whipped cream combine in these fast-to-fix berry-topped treats. Although the tarts originally called for dark chocolate, I prepare them with white chocolate. I double the recipe when I'm asked to bring a dessert to special events. They're always a hit.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 18 fresh raspberries
- 6 mint sprigs
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 1 minute, stirring several times. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the milk, vanilla and melted chocolate. Add half of the whipped cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mousse Tarts in Quick Cooking July/August 2005 , p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mousse Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2009
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2008
"This is my husbands favorite dessert. I enjoyed making it and will use this recipe again."