Rich white chocolate and whipped cream combine in these fast-to-fix berry-topped treats. Although the tarts originally called for dark chocolate, I prepare them with white chocolate. I double the recipe when I'm asked to bring a dessert to special events. They're always a hit.
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 18 fresh raspberries
- 6 mint sprigs
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 1 minute, stirring several times. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the milk, vanilla and melted chocolate. Add half of the whipped cream; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into tart shells. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mousse Tarts in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p31
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mousse Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 11, 2009
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2008
"This is my husbands favorite dessert. I enjoyed making it and will use this recipe again."