Mountainous Mandarin Pie Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in the milk, orange juice concentrate, sour cream and food coloring if desired until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon half into crust. Set eight mandarin orange segments aside. Arrange remaining oranges over filling. Top with remaining filling and reserved oranges.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly; drizzle over pie. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 554 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Mountainous Mandarin Pie
"its just so darn good!!!"
"I don't like chocolate and fruit, so i substituted a gingersnap/butterscotch crust. Very good and very quick."