Mountain Trout with Butter Sauce Recipe
- 3 pounds mountain trout fillets, cut into 4-ounce portions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chicken or brown gravy, optional
- 1. Season trout with salt and pepper; dredge with flour. Heat oil in a skillet. Saute trout quickly in hot oil, browning evenly on both sides.
- 2. Remove trout to a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat butter until butter begins to brown. Carefully add lemon juice (hot butter will bubble with juice is added). Blend in gravy if desired. Spoon sauce over fish or serve on the side. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 695 calories, 46 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.