Mountain Trout with Butter Sauce
After he and his wife visited Mast Farm Inn in Valle Crucis, North Carolina, he wished he'd asked for the recipe for the fantastic rainbow trout dinner they'd eaten. Taste of Home found him this wonderful recipe.—Joseph Noah, Clarksville, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 pounds mountain trout fillets, cut into 4-ounce portions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chicken or brown gravy, optional
- Season trout with salt and pepper; dredge with flour. Heat oil in a
- skillet. Saute trout quickly in hot oil, browning evenly on both
- Remove trout to a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat butter until butter begins to brown.
- Carefully add lemon juice (hot butter will bubble with juice is
- added). Blend in gravy if desired. Spoon sauce over fish or serve on
- the side. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 695 calories, 46 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 50 g protein.