Mountain Trout with Butter Sauce Recipe
After he and his wife visited Mast Farm Inn in Valle Crucis, North Carolina, he wished he'd asked for the recipe for the fantastic rainbow trout dinner they'd eaten. Taste of Home found him this wonderful recipe.—Joseph Noah, Clarksville, Virginia
- 3 pounds mountain trout fillets, cut into 4-ounce portions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chicken or brown gravy, optional
- 1. Season trout with salt and pepper; dredge with flour. Heat oil in a skillet. Saute trout quickly in hot oil, browning evenly on both sides.
- 2. Remove trout to a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat butter until butter begins to brown. Carefully add lemon juice (hot butter will bubble with juice is added). Blend in gravy if desired. Spoon sauce over fish or serve on the side. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 695 calories, 46g fat (15g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 50g protein.
Reviews for Mountain Trout with Butter Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC