Mountain Man Soup Recipe
- 1 pound buffalo stew meat
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 whole clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil; drain. Add the celery, onion and green pepper; saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, tomatoes, potato, carrot, garlic salt, clove and bay leaf.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender. Discard clove and bay leaf. Stir in parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mountain Man Soup
"Very good flavor!"
"My family really enjoyed this soup. We used ground Buffalo which worked well for the kiddos. We're thinking of trying other meats like shredded roast or ground turkey to add some variety."
"We loved this soup. I Substituted the buffalo for beef. Put it in the crock pot while we were at a football game. Also made TOH Cracked Pepper Bread to go with. Will be making this again!!"