Mounds Balls Recipe
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 -inch x 1-inch x 1/2-inch piece paraffin wax
- Round wooden toothpicks
- Styrofoam sheets
- 1. In bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add coconut, milk, walnuts and vanilla; stir until blended. Chill until slightly firm; roll into walnut-sized balls. Insert a toothpick in each ball. Place balls on baking sheets; freeze. In double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips, chocolate squares and paraffin wax. Keep warm over hot water. Using picks as handles, dip frozen balls into chocolate mixture; stick picks upright into was paper-covered Styrofoam sheet. Chill until firm. Remove picks and package candy in individual paper liners. (May also be frozen.) Yield: about 7 dozen candies.
1 each: 111 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mounds Balls
"Made these last yr they were great thanks for sharing"
"I just made this today. They look great and taste great! I got 45 balls out of the recipe! I'm going to drizzle white chocolate over the top yet to make them look extra special."
"I am a volunteer TOH field editor and make these candies every year for Christmas! My husband and I team up to make them and they are finished in no time! They truly deserve the 5 star rating!"
"Our supper club got together to make these. They were simple and fun to make, as well as to eat, especially when you accompany it with a glass of chocolate flavored red wine! Add an almond and it tastes remarkably like an Almond Joy"
"I made this candy for a sale we had recently. It's the best. Sold every piece I made and recieved several orders for Thanksgiving. I think this is one of the best candies I have made so far, and am planning to make plenty more of it. Thank you so much for the recipe."
"One of the best candy recipes I've ever tried. I've been making candy for over 45 years. This is by far the BEST. And it makes a Perfect gift for any occassion."
"These are truly very good. Took them to an "after Easter" luncheon and even though one would think that candy would be the last thing to munch on after a holiday...these went like wildfire."