Mounds Balls Recipe
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- CHOCOLATE COATING:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 -inch x 1-inch x 1/2-inch piece paraffin wax
- Round wooden toothpicks
- Styrofoam sheets
- In bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add coconut, milk, walnuts and vanilla; stir until blended. Chill until slightly firm; roll into walnut-sized balls. Insert a toothpick in each ball. Place balls on baking sheets; freeze. In double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate chips, chocolate squares and paraffin wax. Keep warm over hot water. Using picks as handles, dip frozen balls into chocolate mixture; stick picks upright into was paper-covered Styrofoam sheet. Chill until firm. Remove picks and package candy in individual paper liners. (May also be frozen.) Yield: about 7 dozen candies.
Reviews for Mounds Balls
Sort By :
"I just made this today. They look great and taste great! I got 45 balls out of the recipe! I'm going to drizzle white chocolate over the top yet to make them look extra special."
"I am a volunteer TOH field editor and make these candies every year for Christmas! My husband and I team up to make them and they are finished in no time! They truly deserve the 5 star rating!"
"Our supper club got together to make these. They were simple and fun to make, as well as to eat, especially when you accompany it with a glass of chocolate flavored red wine! Add an almond and it tastes remarkably like an Almond Joy"
"These are everyone's favorite around here!!"
"I made this candy for a sale we had recently. It's the best. Sold every piece I made and recieved several orders for Thanksgiving. I think this is one of the best candies I have made so far, and am planning to make plenty more of it. Thank you so much for the recipe."