MOTHER made this tasty salad for our Thanksgiving or Christmas diners. But it's so good I make it often during the year. It's an ideal accompaniment for whatever main dish we have for dinner. When served as an individual salad on a lettuce leaf, it's very attractive. —Nellie Dulin Concord, North Carolina
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked salad potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the potatoes, peas, pickles and egg. Chill. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mother's Sweet Pea Salad in Reminisce Extra December 1995, p47
Reviews for Mother's Sweet Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2014
"This was really good and goes well with poultry, fish and steak. We also liked it with baby back ribs. I used fresh picked English peas and some asparagus."