Mother's Sweet Pea Salad
MOTHER made this tasty salad for our Thanksgiving or Christmas diners. But it's so good I make it often during the year. It's an ideal accompaniment for whatever main dish we have for dinner. When served as an individual salad on a lettuce leaf, it's very attractive. Nellie Dulin
Concord, North Carolina
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked salad potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and
- pepper. Gently stir in the potatoes, peas, pickles and egg. Chill.
- Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 cups) equals 476 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.