Mother's Sweet Pea Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked salad potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the potatoes, peas, pickles and egg. Chill. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 476 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Mother's Sweet Pea Salad
"This was really good and goes well with poultry, fish and steak. We also liked it with baby back ribs. I used fresh picked English peas and some asparagus."