Mother's Sweet Pea Salad Recipe
MOTHER made this tasty salad for our Thanksgiving or Christmas diners. But it's so good I make it often during the year. It's an ideal accompaniment for whatever main dish we have for dinner. When served as an individual salad on a lettuce leaf, it's very attractive. —Nellie Dulin Concord, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:2 servings
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked salad potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the potatoes, peas, pickles and egg. Chill. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 cups) equals 476 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 989 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC