Mother's Sweet Pea Salad Recipe
MOTHER made this tasty salad for our Thanksgiving or Christmas diners. But it's so good I make it often during the year. It's an ideal accompaniment for whatever main dish we have for dinner. When served as an individual salad on a lettuce leaf, it's very attractive. —Nellie Dulin Concord, North Carolina
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup diced cooked salad potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the potatoes, peas, pickles and egg. Chill. Serve over lettuce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mother's Sweet Pea Salad in Reminisce Extra December 1995, p47
Reviews for Mother's Sweet Pea Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2014
"This was really good and goes well with poultry, fish and steak. We also liked it with baby back ribs. I used fresh picked English peas and some asparagus."