Mother's Manicotti Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Additional shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the water, eggs and oil. Combine flour and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between
- 3. For filling, combine the cheeses, parsley and egg. Spread half of spaghetti sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon 3 tablespoons of cheese mixture down the center of each crepe; roll up. Place seam side down over spaghetti sauce; pour remaining sauce over crepes. Sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 293 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Mother's Manicotti
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.