Mother's Banana Sherbet Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- 2. Place the evaporated milk, orange juice, lemon juice and banana in a blender. Add the sugar syrup; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup: 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Mother's Banana Sherbet
"This was so good and easy I've already made it twice. A single recipe doesn't make much, so I doubled it the second time."
"This was really good. It made enough for my small family to eat. I used two bananas because I thought the orange juice would overpower the flavor of the banana. It did not, it was the perfect compliment to the flavor. I will make this again, it was so easy. Thanks for a good recipe."