Mother's Banana Sherbet Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- 2. Place the evaporated milk, orange juice, lemon juice and banana in a blender. Add the sugar syrup; cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Mother's Banana Sherbet
"This was so good and easy I've already made it twice. A single recipe doesn't make much, so I doubled it the second time."
"This was really good. It made enough for my small family to eat. I used two bananas because I thought the orange juice would overpower the flavor of the banana. It did not, it was the perfect compliment to the flavor. I will make this again, it was so easy. Thanks for a good recipe."