Mother's Banana Sherbet
“Here’s a cool, creamy treat that’s such a favorite with my family, I usually triple the recipe.” Kathy Barton -- Homer, Michigan
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the evaporated milk, orange juice, lemon juice and banana in a
- blender. Add the sugar syrup; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container, allowing
- headspace for expansion. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm before
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.