Mother's Applesauce Muffins
"Kids of all ages love these moist old-fashioned muffins," assures field editor Peggy Burdick of Burlington, Michigan.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda; set
- aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, applesauce
- and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- raisins. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool
- in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 244 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.