- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, allspice and baking soda; set aside. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, applesauce and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mother's Applesauce Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p54
Reviews for Mother's Applesauce Muffins(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
very moist! too much cinn. for my taste would cut the spices in half next time. Also I subsituted half of the sugar with brown sugar. very good!
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
These were excellent. They reminded me of spice cake. I did substitute pumpkin spice for the allspice.