I brought these savory-sweet pretzels to a family gathering, and they disappeared from the dessert tray before dessert was even served! My family raves about how awesome they are. —Carrie Bennett, Madison, Wisconsin
- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- With a sharp knife, cut pretzel rods in half; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with milk. In a large shallow bowl, combine the chips, toffee bits and walnuts.
- Pour caramel mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Dip the cut end of each pretzel piece two-thirds of the way into caramel mixture (reheat in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping). Allow excess caramel to drip off, then roll pretzels in the chip mixture. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mother Lode Pretzels in Taste of Home February/March 2008, p57
Reviews for Mother Lode Pretzels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review