- 1 package (10 ounces) pretzel rods
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- With a sharp knife, cut pretzel rods in half; set aside. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with milk. In a large shallow bowl, combine the chips, toffee bits and walnuts.
- Pour caramel mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Dip the cut end of each pretzel piece two-thirds of the way into caramel mixture (reheat in microwave if mixture becomes too thick for dipping). Allow excess caramel to drip off, then roll pretzels in the chip mixture. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Mother Lode Pretzels
Sort By :
"These were great, I made them as part of the favors for a bridal shower Everyone loved them. !"
"This recipe was amazing! I made these as a tailgating party dessert and people gobbled them up."
"This is a holiday staple in my home ever since I tried the recipe a few years back. I like to use mini-choc chips, cinnamon chips, and toffee bits and I usually omit the nuts and literally everyone raves about them, they are one of the staples of my holiday treat bags"
"I started making this 2 years ago; for the holidays. Now when I dont bring them,the family is left empty. Its just so much to make and takes time due to caramel thickening up. But when there's a family of 74 its a lot to make. I admit there excellent."
"Made for after the church Christmas program. Was super easy and fast. Got lots of compliments and it tasted great!"