- 1 pound uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta. In a large bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- 2. Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; layer with cheese mixture and remaining pasta mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; top with Romano cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 386 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.