- 1 pound uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta. In a large bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; layer with cheese mixture and remaining pasta mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; top with Romano cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mostaccioli
Sort By :
"This was really good. I would add another jar of spaghetti sauce as it was fairly dry. I used a chicken breakfast sausage to make it healthier and that was good. It made a bigger amount than I expected but that was good and we had some leftovers and some to share. I made this from TOH's Italian magazine from the store. I think the prep was a bit longer than stated as sometimes happens."
"Sooooooo good and easy!!!!!!!"
"Delicious. Tasted like lasagna, but much easier and quicker to assemble."
"The kids loved it!"
"I loved how easy it was to put together. The flavor truly was like having lasagna without all the prep. I used a good bulk italian sausage which I think was the magic ingredient. Next time I think I'll try sprinkling mozzerella cheese on top too!"