Mostaccioli Veggie Salad Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, peppers, olives and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Toss again before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Mostaccioli Veggie Salad(4)
Sort By :
This is a very appetizing-looking salad with all the different colors of the veggies. However, I have made it twice now and I think the dressing is too sweet. Next time I'm going to cut the sugar down, and also reduce the pasta to 2 cups uncooked. Still, a very nice colorful pasta salad.
Yum! Definitely will add tomatoes next time. That would make it perfect.
I also added in cherry tomatoes cut in half. It was very good.
I tried this recipe last fall and everyone liked it, and I will be making it again for an upcoming Spring Crazy Bunco. Tell Julie to submit more of her recipes, as this one is a really great recipe. Thank you Julie. Sincerely, Karen Crofford
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Salad Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Squash Recipes >
- Summer Squash Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Salad Recipes >