I first sampled this refreshing salad at a church potluck several years ago. The mix of pasta, zucchini, summer squash, cucumber, sweet peppers and black olives is coated with a light vinaigrette. Any pasta can be substituted for the mostaccioli. -Julie Sterchi Jackson, Missouri
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the cucumbers, summer squash, zucchini, peppers, olives and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Toss again before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mostaccioli Veggie Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2004, p32
Reviews for Mostaccioli Veggie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review