Mostaccioli Casserole Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, tomato sauce, oregano and salt.
- 2. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish; top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 423 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,124 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Mostaccioli Casserole
"I doubled the amount of onion and oregano, and used Italian blend cheese, increased to 1 cup. Added was a can of corn and about 1/3 cup of basil. The result was good but nothing special enough to make me want to make it again."
"Delicious! I agree with the other reviews that the tomato soup gave it a different and unique flavor. A great change of pace. Super easy too!! I did use a little extra onion, cheese, and oregano."
"very delicious and easy. I just found this recipe and have made it 3 x already. Pot luck favorite. I used grated Italian four cheese and Italian sausage. Added basil also."
"Everyone in the family loves this recipe and they always ask for more! Very simple to make also."
"Pretty basic, but good! I used penne, not sure what mostaccioli is"
"It was okay. Easy to make but a little simplistic on taste. I added corn for a more complete meal."
"Very easy. Added a little garlic powder and mushrooms and more colby cheese. Would definatley make again."
"A good, simple basic recipe which can be changed with additional ingredients if desired. We wound up adding a whole cup of cheese as opposed to the 1/4 cup because it just wasn't enough for our family's taste. I liked how quick this was to put together, and we liked the combination of tomato sauce with tomato soup as opposed to regular jarred pasta sauce. Will make again."
"I would add garlic and Italian Sausage the other comment to add ricotta/cream cheese is more a Lasagna casserole which has already been done keep what you have just add different kinds of meat."
"I think that if you put a layer of ricotta/cream cheese filling in the middle and added some mozzarella to the topping, it would be better."