Mostaccioli Beef Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain mostaccioli; toss with butter. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 527 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 1187mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein
Reviews for Mostaccioli Beef Casserole
"I like this recipe. You expect to taste a spaghetti sauce and it's not at all. It had a nice little kick to it which we enjoyed."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.