Mostaccioli Beef Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 3. Drain mostaccioli; toss with butter. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 527 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,187 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Mostaccioli Beef Casserole
"I like this recipe. You expect to taste a spaghetti sauce and it's not at all. It had a nice little kick to it which we enjoyed."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.