Mostaccioli Beef Casserole Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, mushrooms, chili powder, sugar, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain mostaccioli; toss with butter. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mostaccioli Beef Casserole in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p16
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mostaccioli Beef Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2014
I like this recipe. You expect to taste a spaghetti sauce and it's not at all. It had a nice little kick to it which we enjoyed.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2008
Very great comfort food!