- 8 ounces uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the egg, egg white, cottage cheese, spinach, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; set aside. Drain pasta; stir in 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Layer half of the pasta mixture in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with spinach mixture, remaining pasta mixture and remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mostaccioli Bake
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe last night, and it was so good.We invited friends over, and told them I was trying it for the first time. They said this was definately " a keeper". It can be made early in the day, and refrigerated, and baked before serving. I also cooked Italian sausage, sliced it in 1/2 slices, and layered it between the 2 layers of pasta. So easy, and so delicious! I used penne, because I couldn't find mostaccioli anywhere."
"I also didnt use mostaccioli pasta, i used penne"
"This was very easy and very good. I didnt put in the spinach, only because i didnt have any on hand, but i added some browned hamburger meat to the pasta and spaghetti sauce to make it more of a full meal.. Yumm!"
"OOPS.... Typo - I meant (2) Teaspoons of the dry Taco seasoning (Not 2 tablespoons). Taste & then add more if necessary...."
"I finally made this....very good. I also steamed & used fresh spinach (be sure & squeeze out the water from cooked spinach). I also added a doze of dried oregano & dried Italian seasoning. But I also added 2 tablespoons of dry Taco Seasoning (get the big jar at Costco & use it a lot to add a little kick to many dishes that would otherwise be too bland - works great). I didn't have Mostaccioli pasta - so I just used Rigatoni... think Penne pasta would also work good."