- 1 pound uncooked mostaccioli
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (28 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Crumble sausage into a Dutch oven. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and pasta. In a large bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; layer with cheese mixture and remaining pasta mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; top with Romano cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Mostaccioli
Sort By :
"Sooooooo good and easy!!!!!!!"
"Delicious. Tasted like lasagna, but much easier and quicker to assemble."
"The kids loved it!"
"I loved how easy it was to put together. The flavor truly was like having lasagna without all the prep. I used a good bulk italian sausage which I think was the magic ingredient. Next time I think I'll try sprinkling mozzerella cheese on top too!"
"Did perfect at my potluck party at work... It wasn't hard to clean the dish when there wasn't anything left in it by end of the lunch!"