Most Popular Irish Soda Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place raisins in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Most Popular Irish Soda Bread(4)
Sort By :
I chose this recipe because I didn't have to knead the dough AND it used whole wheat flour. I added 1 and 1/2 cups raisins and I like the idea of sprinkled sugar the next time (lurky27). It fit perfectly in my 9 x 5 pan (bakingf).
YUM! Fit fine in a 9x5 pan. I used all whole wheat flour and it tasted great. I used a whole cup of raisins and sprinkled a bit of sugar on top before baking.
Delicious!, also amazing the next day toasted with a little butter and or jam. I reversed the flour to 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour and one cup white. To boost the nutritional value. This is an easy recipe that's fun to make with the kids.
I love this recipe but there is too much batter for a 9 x 5 inch pan. I baked it in a 12 x 4-1/2 inch pan and it was perfect. I will make it again because everyone loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- View All Healthy Cooking Recipes >