Mosaic Salad Recipe
"This pretty salad combines garden-fresh ingredients to create a colorful side dish," says Maria Regakis from her home in Somerville, Massachusetts. It would be a great addition to a barbecue or picnic. TIP: "I like to chill it a few hours to blend the flavors," she notes.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Arrange the cucumber, squash and tomatoes on a large serving platter. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Mosaic Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC