Mosaic Salad Recipe
"This pretty salad combines garden-fresh ingredients to create a colorful side dish," says Maria Regakis from her home in Somerville, Massachusetts. It would be a great addition to a barbecue or picnic. TIP: "I like to chill it a few hours to blend the flavors," she notes.
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Arrange the cucumber, squash and tomatoes on a large serving platter. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Mosaic Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p16
Reviews for Mosaic Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review