Moroccan Vegetarian Stew Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add spices and salt; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the water, squash, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and squash are almost tender.
- Add zucchini and garbanzo beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Moroccan Vegetarian Stew(16)
Sort By :
It's become one of my cold weather lunch staples; it's delicious, healthy, and filling. Ignore the negative reviews. I use half the cinnamon and vegetable broth instead of water and salt.
This did not look at all like the picture. The spices made it dark and very unappetizing. Threw it all out after the first taste.
Substituted veggie broth and served over couscous. It was great, inexpensive, and easy to make
Was alright, not worth the time to make again.
Very tasty!! Surprisingly good. I would just cut the cumin, coriander, cinnamon down next time. Loved the textures together!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >