- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the squash, potatoes, onion and garlic. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. Top with apricots and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Stir in the chili sauce, ginger, curry, cinnamon and cumin. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in garbanzo beans; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Moroccan Vegetable Chicken Tagine in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Moroccan Vegetable Chicken Tagine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review