The sweet-salty taste of olives paired with figs is a inspired combination. Use my tapenade an appetizer and serve with crackers.—
- 10 ounces dried figs
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 2 cups pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup pickled hot cherry peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- Assorted crackers
- Place figs in a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Place in a small bowl; add tequila. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the olives, peppers and shallots in a food processor; cover and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the lime juice, olive oil, basil, cumin, coriander and lime peel. Drain figs, pressing to remove liquid. Add figs to olive mixture. Serve with crackers.
- Moroccan Tapenade may be used to prepare the following recipe: Tapenade-Prosciutto Flatbread Pizza Bites. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Moroccan Tapenade in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p90
Reviews for Moroccan Tapenade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review