VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons dried currants
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop stems; set caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, carrot and chopped stems in oil until crisp-tender.
- Add the garlic, salt, cumin and coriander. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add broth and currants; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley and mint. Stuff into mushroom caps.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Moroccan Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p36
Reviews forMoroccan Stuffed Mushrooms
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review