Fragrant cinnamon, cumin and coriander give this hearty meatless medley from Rita Reinke of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin its exotic Moroccan flavor.
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the cauliflower, carrots and onion in oil for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini, water, cumin, salt, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Moroccan Stew in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p60
Reviews for Moroccan Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 12, 2014
"I have made this dish 100 by now, I do change up things here and there, but just love all the flavors!!!"
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2011
"WOULD GIVE IT A TRY"
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2010
"Delicious, healthy, and simple. I love Lebanese food, and this has a similar flavoring."