Moroccan Salmon Recipe
- 2 cups sliced onions, separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions in oil for 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, raisins and seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with onion mixture.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without couscous) equals 311 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.