- Dash ground cumin
- 1/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1-1/2 teaspoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Set aside 1
- teaspoon spice mixture; add flour to remaining mixture and sprinkle
- over chicken.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken
- in oil on both sides. Remove and keep warm. Add shallots to the pan;
- cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup broth
- and dates. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; return chicken to the pan.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine flour with reserved spice
- mixture and remaining broth until smooth; gradually stir into the
- pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in cilantro.
- For couscous, in a small saucepan, bring the water, broth, salt and
- cumin to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat;
- let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a
- fork, then stir in almonds. Serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 644 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 685 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 57 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.