Moroccan Braised Beef Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- Hot cooked couscous, optional
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, onions, tomatoes, wine and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in the raisins. Serve with couscous if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Moroccan Braised Beef
Sort By :
"This is one of the best recipes I have made in a long time. Quick to fix, even though you have to brown the meat first. I made it with pork shoulder the other night--even yummier than the beef version!"
"I mixed eggplant into it, and it was very good."
"Made this last night for the in-laws and they loved it. I did add garbanzo beans and for added texture added 1 lb. of ground beef. I served this with basmati rice. Next time using same meat ingredients I'm going to add more seasoning quantities as I felt with the extra meat the seasonings didn't come through as strong."
"Not that tasty, will eat the left overs instead of giving them to the dogs, but will not make it again."
"One of the best recipes on this site that I have tried so far. Love the curry powder in this. Just the right amount of heat. It is also delicious over rice. I served the raisins on the side."