Moroccan Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon Thai red chili paste
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the parsley, cilantro, onion, lemon juice, oil, cumin, coriander, paprika, vinegar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, chili paste, salt and pepper; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread beef cubes. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill beef, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
1 kabob: 185 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Moroccan Beef Kabobs
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.