- 1-3/4 pounds beef stew meat
- 5 tablespoons Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus seasoning blend, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed, divided
- 4 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked couscous
- In a large bowl, toss beef with 4 tablespoons seasoning blend. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Brown beef in batches. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- In same pan, melt remaining butter. Add onions, celery and remaining seasoning blend; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth. Return beef to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 1-1/2 hours.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, apples, carrots and apple butter. Cook, covered, 30-40 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with couscous. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Moroccan Beef and Apple stew in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Moroccan Beef & Apple Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review