Morning Muffins Recipe
"I like to grab one of these muffins with coffee on days when I get a late start to work. It's a quick breakfast-in-hand."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and sour cream; beat well. Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- 2. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC