- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and sour cream; beat well. Stir in the carrots, coconut and raisins.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Morning Muffins(7)
Sort By :
This is my favorite muffin recipe of all time. I have made it several times for guests and they always request a copy of the recipe.
The muffins had a wonderful taste but I found the texture to be a bit doughy even after baking them longer and at a slightly higher temp (I know my oven) than the recipe called for. All in All a very good recipe and will make again.
I love them. A cup of coffe and this muffing before go to work! :)
I entered this recipe on sparkpeople.com to find the nutrition info. It came out as follows: Total servings: 12 Amount per serving:
calories: 236 , total fat: 16g, saturated fat: 9g, polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g, monounsaturated fat: 3.1g, cholesterol: 54mg, sodium: 195mg, potassium: 207mg, total carbs: 22g, dietary fiber: 1g, sugars: 4g, protein: 3g
I love these! And I too would like to know the nutritional info. I am hoping they don't have too many calories... because they are delicious. My mom makes them in the silicone molds so no mess taking a paper off.