Morning Maple Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. For topping, combine flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Morning Maple Muffins(26)
Sort By :
Very good. Sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top to save time.
I couldn't wait to try these, I loved the texture of the muffin and the heavenly smell while baking but they are lacking in the maple flavor department, I will add some maple extract next time as I have seen some others have suggested.
11/11/13 I added some extra maple syrup this morning BUT I used cream cheese instead of sour cream today, I will NOT use cream cheese again.... love the extra maple
Love these! I substituted 4 oz of cream cheese for the sour cream and used walnuts in the topping! Yum .. My husband and boys said they tasted just like pancakes
I tried using maple extract instead of vanilla extract - brought out the maple favor in the muffin nicely. Also doubled the amount of crumble for the top and used maple syrup in that also.
I tried using maple extract instead of vanilla extract - brought out the maple favor in the muffin nicely. Also doubled the amount of crumble for the top and used maple syrup in that also - excellent!