These pancakes were inspired by the popular Morning Glory muffins. They are fluffy and delicious without all the oil, but they have the same great carrot, fruit and nut flavors.— Kurt Wait, Redwood City, California
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, egg white, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple, apple and walnuts.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Morning Glory Pancakes in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Morning Glory Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review