- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, egg white, buttermilk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in carrots, pineapple, apple and walnuts.
- Coat a griddle with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Morning Glory Pancakes in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014
Reviews for Morning Glory Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review