Morning Glory Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 medium apple, shredded
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, apple and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the carrot, raisins, coconut and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Morning Glory Muffins(9)
Sort By :
I agree with the recipe submitter - these are almost the best muffins I have ever eaten! All the different flavours of apple/carrot/pecan/coconut together are incredible. I did, like other reviewers, find them slightly oily so next time I will add less oil.
Try cutting down the oil to 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 cup.
I checked out other recipes that are similar to this and most others just use 1 egg and 1/4 cup oil. I'm gonna try that which should lead to much less fat (more diet friendly) and a lighter muffin.
I'm gonna try adding oats to it next time. It has a lot of oil and eggs so I'm also gonna replace some of the oil with applesauce I think.
I love Morning Glory muffins- and these are excellent. I used coconut oil and light brown sugar... moist and delicious. I almost never bake- but I'll be making these once a week!