Morning Fruit Shake
In addition to offering an assortment of juices and milk, why not serve this refreshing beverage with your family's favorite fruit flavors? Your thirsty clan will savor it so much, you'll be asked to make it from sunrise to sundown!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups (16 ounces) raspberry yogurt or flavor of choice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, optional
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover blend until smooth.
- Garnish with mint if desired. Pour into a pitcher or chilled
- glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free raspberry yogurt and without confectioners' sugar) equals 1 fruit, 1 skim milk; also, 138 calories, 64 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 30 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, trace fat.