Morning Fruit Shake Recipe
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 cups (16 ounces) raspberry yogurt or flavor of choice
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, optional
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover blend until smooth. Garnish with mint if desired. Pour into a pitcher or chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with sugar-free raspberry yogurt and without confectioners' sugar) equals 1 fruit, 1 skim milk; also, 138 calories, 64 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 30 gm carbohydrate, 6 gm protein, trace fat.